NEXT PXH95 - 2-Way Horn-Loaded Mid/High Speaker
PXH95 - 2-Way Horn-Loaded Mid/High Speaker
- Point source, long throw performance
- 12" / 1.4" horn loaded coaxial design
- Perfect rotatable 90° x 50° directivity
- Low distortion, very high SPL
- Extremelly smooth and natural response
- Type: Coaxial Horn-Loaded Mid/High Speaker
- Freq. Resp. (-6dB): 136Hz - 18000Hz
- LF Extension (-10dB): 130Hz
- Maximum SPL: 132dB/138dB
- Program Power/Peak MF: 800W/1600W
- Program/Peak Power HF: 160W/320W
The NEXT PXH95 was engineered to be a powerful medium/longthrow mid/high-frequency cabinet in a coaxial configuration, covering the frequency range from 150 Hz to 19 kHz.
To obtain the highest possible on-axis sound pressure levels and clear and intelligible sound reproduction over long distances, the PXH95 mid/high unit is entirely horn-loaded. The coaxial arrangement of the High Frequency CD horn and the Mid Frequency 12" speaker (also horn-loaded) creates a precise coverage pattern of 90°H x 50°V over a frequency range from 400 Hz–17kHz, ensuring equal sound within the coverage area.
The HF range from 1.150 kHz upwards is reproduced by a Neodymium 1.4” driver with a 3” voice coil and a Constant Q horn, whilst coverage in the mid-range from 150 Hz to 1.25 kHz is provided by a low power compression 12” driver loaded by a midrange horn.
Wider coverage can be achieved using multiple tops, laterally stacked or flown. The PXH95 cabinet must be rotated (90°) to maintain at minimum the comb-filter effects.
A Tilt Unit (available as an option) permits the cabinet to be angled in 5° increments up to a maximum of 15°; as a result, the upper cabinet can be aimed directly at the audience area even when the system is ground stacked. Optional Aeroquip tracks enable the cabinet to be flown.